Sato exhaust questions - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-13-2012, 09:15 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sato exhaust questions

Ok I have a set of carbon Sato high mounts on the way, I also have a line (locally) on a set of Sato low mounts.

Will the cans of of the high mounts bolt right up to the low mount mids? I'm hoping I can mix and match this together and I'm hoping to get a high and low working set so I can change them up when I feel like.

As for the cans they are not perfect but still very usable.

Are all Sato mids titanium? Also what materials were used for the cans? I know carbon and titanium, but did they use aluminum for sleeves as well?

The pics that were sent of the low mounts look aluminium. I would ask the seller but he is out of the country for a month.

Both sets of cans are a little blemished but I could replace with Ladybirds if I had too.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-13-2012, 09:21 PM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Garage
Yes interchangeable, yes all mids are ti, no alum used on cans

Oh and good on you, good score !!!

-2001 Honda RC51 sp1 " Slightly Modified "
-2001 Honda 929RR Erion Edition
DuckHunterComposites
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-13-2012, 09:28 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Ya thanks Duck...the high mount off of 'ZILLA and the low mount set from a local guy in Coquitlam (about 20 minutes from home) who is trying to sell his race bike. I nagged him for months to sell me one of the sets of Sato's he has for his bike, I guess my persistence paid off.

The bike is coming along...

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-13-2012, 10:02 PM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody View Post
The bike is coming along...
Hmmmmmmm.........Pic's or as they say.......It never happened.
He he he he

-2001 Honda RC51 sp1 " Slightly Modified "
-2001 Honda 929RR Erion Edition
DuckHunterComposites
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-14-2012, 09:17 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Quote:
Ok I have a set of carbon Sato high mounts on the way, I also have a line (locally) on a set of Sato low mounts.

Will the cans of of the high mounts bolt right up to the low mount mids? I'm hoping I can mix and match this together and I'm hoping to get a high and low working set so I can change them up when I feel like.

As for the cans they are not perfect but still very usable.

Are all Sato mids titanium? Also what materials were used for the cans? I know carbon and titanium, but did they use aluminum for sleeves as well?

The pics that were sent of the low mounts look aluminium. I would ask the seller but he is out of the country for a month.

Both sets of cans are a little blemished but I could replace with Ladybirds if I had too.
I had an end cap welded and the endcap was stainless fyi
Never have I heard of an aluminum sleeve.
Oh and please post pics of your reaesets,or are you waiting for cristmas to take them out of the package !

Last edited by wingnutt; 12-14-2012 at 09:20 AM.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-14-2012, 10:28 AM
Lifetime Premium

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnutt View Post
Oh and please post pics of your reaesets,or are you waiting for cristmas to take them out of the package !
Yeah, I think at some point they stopped using stainless end caps and started the titanium ones. I have a set of sato low mount oval cans, and both end caps are titanium. The banzais I just sold had the other style stainless ones.

Easiest way to tell is that the stainless will be polished.

I'm always right.

2011 Bike of the Year
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-14-2012, 04:39 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnutt View Post
Thanks guys, sorry wingnutt I just don't have them yet. I just got the hard parts I need to finish my brakes...underslung bracket, rotor and Beringer rear caliper.

Got the new radial clutch master and slave cylinder. Speedohealer and all block off plates for pair and flapper as the previous owner did the worst job sealing the pair valves with orange high temp silicone but got it everywhere.

I'm installing the new Braketechs on the forged wheels and new Q2's. New front fender and waiting on the exhaust by Thursday. Will install the high mount though I prefer the look of low mounts.

Besides I want to install the Sato Ti exhaust hangers I scooped off of 'ZILLA while you were taking a leak.

I'm hoping I can get around to the triple, bars and rearsets by spring.

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-17-2012, 08:19 AM

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Quote:
Thanks guys, sorry wingnutt I just don't have them yet. I just got the hard parts I need to finish my brakes...underslung bracket, rotor and Beringer rear caliper.

Got the new radial clutch master and slave cylinder. Speedohealer and all block off plates for pair and flapper as the previous owner did the worst job sealing the pair valves with orange high temp silicone but got it everywhere.

I'm installing the new Braketechs on the forged wheels and new Q2's. New front fender and waiting on the exhaust by Thursday. Will install the high mount though I prefer the look of low mounts.

Besides I want to install the Sato Ti exhaust hangers I scooped off of 'ZILLA while you were taking a leak.

I'm hoping I can get around to the triple, bars and rearsets by spring.
You knew I was taking a whiz huh ?

Here's the deal my rear pegs are on the opposite sides and I use them for reference points as well as stand-up's

This works really well to keep proper foot position and gives me some added place for resting my heels on the superslab.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	isanti 2010 1243.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	100.2 KB
ID:	4087  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode