No Pulse signal to Injectors - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Wibbly

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-16-2017, 09:57 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
No Pulse signal to Injectors

So, my bike is a 2003 RC51 with 3,100 miles on it. I am the original owner. The last time I road the bike was 5 years ago. I decided it was time to get back into riding. So, I purchased a new battery and replaced the gas in the tank. Bike would prime. But, not start. It did fire a few times. But, would not run.

So, I replaced the in tank fuel filter and all the gaskets thinking some bad gas sitting in filter was the issue. Well, nothing changed. So, I checked for spark and that was fine. Then I checked fuel pump and that was fine. Then, I checked the harness and all the relays. Everything I checked was good. So, I then pulled fuel rail, to get injectors out to check. I checked the injectors and they work perfectly. That's when I checked the leads to the injector. The one that would pulse to fire off the injector is dead. So, the injector is not spraying. I have checked and checked all the connections and everything looks perfect. The bike has always been garaged and seriously still looks brand new. So, it's easy and clean to work on. However, I can't find the problem.

Once again, it has just been sitting covered up in the garage for five years and ran perfect the last time I ran it five years ago.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Oh, I do have a PCIII on it and I pulled it out. No change.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 11-17-2017, 02:02 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 317 Post(s)
the ecu switches the grounds on the injectors. there should be +12v on the black/white wire, then the ecu switches the pinks to ground (pins 1,2,12,13 on the black ecu connector)

which "dead" wire are you talking about?

if it were me i'd be checking grounds right now. if removing the PC made no difference, then that's where i'd go.

you can also put a meter across the injectors (black/white to pink/something) on DC volts and see if you get anything while cranking.
Trace likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode