possible electronic issues. - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 06-02-2019, 10:48 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Garage
possible electronic issues.

hey guys. while i was riding i pulled over at a convenience store. i shut my bike down only by the key and when i went to start it it would crank but for some reason i lost my fuel pump, headlights, high beams, horn, and directionals. i noticed that i dont hear the bas clicking or my fuel pump come on. with this many things not working i was leaning toward a faulty ground but all wiring seems ok when i visually inspected it and my meter shows continuity on every ground. im lucky enough to have a spare cdi and ecu tried swapping them but that wasnt it either. none of the fuses are blown either. i checked all connectors for corrosion and even applied electronic grease to all of them. the only connector that was corroded was the relay next to the left radiator which was actually pretty bad, what is it for? i cleaned of the terminals but it didnt help either. does anyone have any ideas on what my problem could be? thanks. itd be awesome if someone knew what steps to take to troubleshoot this issue before i waste money dropping it off to honda. i also tried eliminating my pcIII but that didnt help either. (that doesnt come on either)

lovin' my little torque monster.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode