RC51 Forums banner

Cannot locate parts

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Joe XR 
#1 ·
I'm replacing much of the fuel system since I've been having problems with the bike stalling randomly. I already have a new fuel pump and filters. The bike is pushing 18 years old and I'd rather just replace these parts and know these are no longer questioned points of failure. This along with the vacuum lines as a few are showing signs of cracking.

I cannot find 16010-MCF-003 GASKET SET for a 2001, every site states this part is no longer available. I did find in on Euro site https://www.motorcyclespareparts.eu/en/honda-parts/16010mcf003. Sites in the US have the set for +2002 but does anyone know if this set of O-rings are the same from 2000-2001 to +2002?

Anyone know of a simple way to test the injectors?

Thanks fella's

#2 ·
#3 ·
Don’t know if you would consider it simple but with the injectors removed you can test with the motion pro tester. I used it to test mine and had the tester mounted in a vise with a drain pan underneath. When you activate you can see the spray pattern so pretty good indication all working and no clogging of the ports.

#5 · (Edited)
Motleyfan

I appreciate the site. I'll definitely consider them if the 2002 gasket kit does not fit.

10THbikE

That's probably better than what I was considering, aiming the injector into a bucket still hooked to the bike.

Hey Sub,
I was thinking the parts from 2002 and on were the same since the throttle bodies are interchangeable. A buddy replaced his 2001 throttle bodies several years ago with a used set from a 2002 with no problems. I can't see Honda changing the throttle bodies or the gaskets throughout the years.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.