RC51 Forums banner

Looking for rc51 tech in Arizona

2K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  5.4 speedster 
#1 ·
New to me, got it up and running after sitting for some time and runs good. I am hearing a lot of noise from the engine. Seems like it’s in the front cylinder more then anywhere else. Since these bikes are new to me I’m not sure if it’s normal or not. Would love to find someone close that really knows these that could listen and tell me if it’s normal. I’d consider taking it to the Los Angeles area if I had to. Want to ride but don’t want to hurt it more if there is an issue.

#7 ·
No Worries. Evan is great and prob built one of the later "high end" RC51s so his knowledge is fresh and applicable to todays market.

I usually wouldn't recommend shops as i do 99% of my own work but his is one of the few that has some REAL credentials.

#13 ·
Took it down Friday. Met with Phil, super nice guy. Took him about 15 seconds to say it sounded like a rod. Glad I took it but now need to take her down some to verify. Going to pull oil and filter to check for metal and go from there. If it is I’ll have to decide if it’s going to get parted out or fixed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.