RC51 Forums banner

All naked

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  emlupi 
#1 ·
I got all the bodywork off for a good inspection today. Everything looks clean and tidy underneath. No staining from leaks, no chewed up fasteners, no sign of questionable mods lurking in the dark. It seems to be a very nice example that has sat in the corner for awhile waiting to come out and play.
There is a hotbodies tail unit that was botched up when installed but I can save it and get it looking and working good again. As I mentioned in another post, the front signals are not great but I can work on that, too. Here’s a few pics for your perusal.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
There was the usual bits of asphalt and road grime in the belly pan but not too bad. Some oxidation on a few parts here and there which cleaned up nicely. No insects or critters so far but I haven’t looked under the tank or in the airbox yet.
As I mentioned, there is a hotbodies undertail installed on the bike that was a butcher job. The electrical connections were a real mess. I took it all apart and replaced the buggered up connectors with some nice new pieces. Still have to sort out some issues with the tailpiece but it should work out ok.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.