RC51 Forums banner

Daves RC51 tracker

3K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  avionicstech 
#1 ·
Maiden voyage, was a little nervous about a fresh reassmebly with some non oem parts, like the cbr1000rr wheels and front mount rads . Bby the second lap I forgot all about that- but damn midpipe got me a little cramped. Came off the track and gotkicked out of the let me see how it goes intermediate I class. Hadnt been on the track for a couple so feelin pretty good about it all. All but the ole hands feelin a bit crampy .No cold tearing in the tires. Rained yesterday so a bit of dirt on the good line in a couple places.Bike seems wonderful. Im Adjusting might me me but sometimes I feel like its going wide, sometimes the opposite.temps 170 with one strip of tape. Not ideal but its cool this a.m.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Bike looks excellent Dave! glad everything is working good together, thats always the trick with aftermarket stuff!

one day ill have my 03 together

#9 ·
Well after threee days on the track after only doing 2 track days 2 years ago since I raced ten years ago I feel good! So 20 track sessions and 15 gallons of fuel The only issues I had with the rc was the clutch perch bolts loosened, left grip tries sliding off, and my seat foam tore. I properly set my sag and the bike seemed compliant so I did not touch a thing. I brought vesrah dust makers along but the ebc sintered pads with brembo master were fine, I can endo tached out in top gear. How much better can you get for brakes. I need to get rid of aggressive seat angle it has an undesireable r6 feel. Pirelli ssupercorsa had incredible grip after three days using warmers. I only had to deflate a couple pounds each afternoon. A good 26/32 on and off track. My best times ended up being almost three seconds behind my best sv time, and six off the best r6 time. But that was ten years ago and im now 45. I got around well but couldnt really work on anything. Next trackday! I entered two races sunday even though I did not have the energy to spectate and got a fourth after holdding third all race and then having a guy blow by me down the long straight.and then blown away by big motors in the other race.With ccs which caters to new stuff and more competitive riders the rc is a real misfit. I called central off. Last week and had a tech guy help me select races. On the race where I finished 4th a wanker with a duc protested, I didnt really care but my other half did not have a problem with making a couple guys feel real awkward. I dont have a weight or horsepower advantage but rules change for new stuff and the only rc at the track doesnt really matter.Oh there was another

Attachments

#10 ·
Fork lowers are painted with epoxy prop paint. It can come off if needed and still silver underneath. Dont know if its going 150 at 8 in the morning, the bikes, or comaraderie but being at the track is great. Saw some exotic stuff, saw guys having a great time racing bikes from the 90's. I was on the track with some of the fastest guys in the country at times, and watched a 250gp going around the same corner as me but twice as fast. A bike that isnt a converted street bike! Im by no means a buell fan, but some of them sound pretty bad! I got passed alot, I passed alot, I watched alot of guys make dust clouds! They had almost 1000 race entries. An ex racer now corner worker smoked 52 lbs of pork and had a barrell of beer. Even saw fireworks. Sory I ran out of steam so I missed some good pics.next time.like the pit bike that was sold as part of a honda car. You get to the city and unfold the scoot and off you go!

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.