RC51 Forums banner

2005 421cc Yamaha banshee Visalia, ca $4500

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Handyman 
#1 ·
I'm Getting out of the sport and persueing other interest( boats and of course street bikes)

For sale or trade is my highly modified banshee. It has a 421cc cheetah power valve drag motor. I built this motor in 2006 and have maybe 15 hours on the motor since the build. Motor is running 175psi in each cylinder with 20cc domes. I have 17cc domes to bump the compression up over 200psi for all out drag racing. Runs only on 110 race gas. Will come with a full set of dirt and sand tires. Sand tires 22x8x10 GBC dune trackers (front) and 22x11x10 9 paddles hauler extremes( Kevlar enforced) buffed bead to bead(rear). All rims are Douglas rims, can't remember if they are blue or black label..

Here's the mods.

4mil 421 cheetah power valve motor
+5mm rods
trued and welded crank
Modified shift star
+4 timing(advanced 4°)
68mm wiseco pistons
35mm pwk keihins carbs w/ K&N filter pods
20cc domes(175psi)
CPI in-frame SB chrome drag pipes
+4 round house carrier swingarm
Magura Hydraulic clutch
Barnett clutch plates with heavy duty street bike springs(clutch was new the day the motor blew on previous owner)
Black PC'd Wicked +2+1 a-arms
Cascade innovations seat and seat cover
IMS roll design foot pegs
All 4 hubs, tie rods, Rear sprocket hub, rear brake disc hub are PC'd vein red
Both side cases have a flat black and vein red PC Combo.
Rear axle is PC'd flat black
Motion pro 1/4 turn twist throttle
Cr250 boyseen reeds
New nikasil sleeves in cylinders
Marvin shaw chrome front coil overs in front set up specifically for the longer a-arms and dune riding
OEM rear shock with internals set up for longer swingarm and for drag racing.
Dual pingle petcock

If you do not know what a power valve motor is... It has valves in the exhaust port that will help give more low end torque at lower RPMs(which makes it a great duning motor). When the exhaust pressure rise with the higher RPMs the valves will rise and open up the exhaust port to allow the motor to breath better for more HP. The kit cost between $2000-$3500(depends of if kit comes with crank).. That's before you buy the bigger carbs, and the exhaust to handle the higher HP.

This thing is fast as hell and fun as hell when out in the dunes.... Holds its own when drag racing and hill climbing. Only other quads that have beat it is the all out drag bikes. It is a sleeper and have surprised many people when they loose. Was clocked at 76mph going up sand mountain in Fallon , nv. On current set up.

Extras include, bel-Ray oil, all the jets I have, gas can with 110 octane race has still in it and mixed, flags, Pro Taper SE handle bars, and anything I find in the garage.

I have a Carson 14ft x 7ft single axle trailer with a torsion 3500lbs axle with a nose jack. New LED Lights in the rear, Side railing come off and are also ramps, 8 big D-rings bolted to the rails. Trailer has had new wooden planks installed, new paint and new tires installed 2 months ago. Has not been used since everything was done. Trailer will hold 4 quads and a dirt bike.

Looking to trade banshee and trailer as a package deal (worth $6000) for running street bike of equal value.

Can separate if needed.. banshee is worth $4500 and trailer is worth $1500

Willing to travel for the right deal

I WILL NOT PART OUT THE BANSHEE... Have many more pics of the banshee. PM with Your cell number and I will send the to you
Land vehicle All-terrain vehicle Vehicle Motorsport Car
Vehicle Trailer Transport Plant community Wheel

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.