TX - 2004 RC51 Nicky Hayden S.E. - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 06-21-2015, 10:44 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
TX - 2004 RC51 Nicky Hayden S.E.

Fairings, down to the factory stickers, are all original. Never been raced at any type of track. Never wrecked. I've owned it for half its life/miles. Of the eight motorcycles I've owned, this is the only one I kept longer than 1-2 years. It has 22.5k miles.

Suspension was set up by Roger of Off Road On Road Cycles (for 160 lbs rider). The full Sato Titanium Race exhaust is very difficult to find and still brings good money on ebay. This bike is one of the top 3 best sounding motorcycles I've ever heard. It has a tuned power commander and the standard flapper valve mod.

Chain and sprocket (high end parts better than OEM) were installed in the last 2-3 thousand miles. +3 in the rear and I designed the system to wear as little as possible (certain sprocket sizes and number of links in the chain combinations wear the teeth/chain out quicker, this one is optimized thanks to the engineer in me).

Fairly new Q3 on the rear, 50% tread remaining Q2 on the front. Front brakes and the brake fluid were changed in the last year. I had Chris of Revival Cycles (high end shop here in Austin) perform a full check (>$500) on the bike at 20k miles which resulted in new plugs, tuning adjustments, and knowledge that all the valves were still within factory spec. Battery is less than two years old.

The primary kickstand bolt backed itself out and the bike fell over once. Fortunately I had my cover on it so the damage was minimal and only impacted a few inches on the side fairing. The bike has been garaged and or covered, even when I take it to work.

Factory passenger pegs and a few other items will come with the bike. Pretty firm on the price, it took me two years to find a clean 2004+ RC51 that wasn't beat to hell or chopped up from frame slider installs et cetera. This bike still runs and shifts just like when I bought it. It shouldn't need anything notable besides tires for another 10-15k miles. They are even rarer now.

No trades, no owner financing. Thank you for looking!
[email protected]

Pictures can be found here:
http://austin.craigslist.org/mcy/5081528812.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode