RC51 Forums banner

New member from Davenport Iowa

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  ma04nh 
#1 ·
Hi everyone, I bought a 2004 RC51 in July this year. I also have a CB900F I bought new in 1981 and some old Ducati's,
I'm not a big poster as most questions have already been asked and answered but thought maybe I could be some help to someone. Like many RC51's my vin tag had been removed and I kinda wanted one. I have access to an engraving laser and already had some .02 thick aluminum painted black made for laser engraving. My girlfriend spent about an hour in Corel draw duplicating a vin tag from a picture I found. She entered my vin# and ran one, I buffed it with metal polish on a cloth, shot it with clear coat and it came out so nice I still can't believe it. Industrial strength double sided tape on the back, stuck it on the frame and job done! There are some very small differences - it can be difficult to match unknown fonts and get letter spacing dead on. I have plenty of material to make more.
Oh yeah, the RC51 is a fantastic ride!

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Hi ma04nh, I think $20.00 will cover the vin plate including shipping if you are in the US. USPS says no metal in regular envelopes so I will have to use a small padded envelope.
I will need his vin# and if you want a different build date than 10/03. I saw several 2004 vin plates with the 10/03 and thought it was good enough.
Email me and I can send a PayPal invoice unless you prefer another way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.