RC51 Forums banner

December 2017 Bike Of The Month Contest

4K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  COBRA90GT 
#1 ·
Time now for the December 2017 BOTM contest!

1) PM me with a link to the best photo of your bike.
2) Entries will be received for the 1st week, and voting will commence on the 2nd week of the month.
3) At the end of the 2nd week, the Bike Of The Month (BOTM) winner will be announced.
4) That month's BOTM winner will not be allowed to compete in further BOTM contests for the remainder of the year.
5) Those that did not win will be allowed to compete next month.

#10 ·
those are 2 incredibly unique & good looking bikes!

appears to be a good pair for a BOM contest in my opinion ..

especially when some months there are 0 entries

shouldn't matter if the pics are posted here in the comments or not ..

but ultimately that's up to Sub who is the moderator

#13 ·
Only members can vote in polls, so visitors can't decide.

Since some popular photo hosting sites started demanding money for 3rd party linking (photobucket), it's made it a bit difficult for some to send photos.
Links to photos on cloud storage sites has been chancy if anonymous access isn't setup.
One way is to post your photo in the gallery of members bikes and send the link.

Additionally, overall activity on this site has been slow starting about 2 years ago, and for several months there were no entries at all.
I've been contemplating ending the BOTM/BOTY after this year. At least for a while (this happened several years ago until I took over the job).
But if members still want to have it, I'll still post the monthly requests and polls.

#15 ·
I am new to the forums but I do like the idea of BOTM/Y. If it's a pain in the ass, then maybe change it to bike of the quarter? Either way, my bike has a LONG way to go before even being considered for BOTANYTHING... With that said, best of luck to those who go for Dec.

#18 ·
@SubSailor - Maybe we should consider running the BOTM every-other-month instead (ie - Jan/Feb, Mar/Apr, etc) to help with the lack of monthly entries ?

That would still make for 6 winners in a calendar year, which is still probably a decent pool to pick a BOTY as well...

My .02 :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.