RC51 Forums banner

HELP , stator issue

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Switchblade 
#1 ·
Hey guys , I am in need for some help . My stator went on me and I ordered one from Partszilla . It came in yesterday so I replaced it along with the rectifier . Re installed the cover and filled with oil today . When I went to start it the only thing it does, is spin the starter motor. So my question is, do you think I F'd up my torque limiter gear / starter idle gear or the cover just didn't go on right ? Seemed to go on fine . Took me 3 times to seat it , and it seemed to seat properly . Got to come apart . Let me know what you think / tricks ….thanks
it

#5 ·
Yes Sir, I guess when I was re-installing I dropped the starter idler in the case cover . I had an issue when I was trying to get the cover . Every time I was trying to get the cover on square front and rear , lining it up .The rear of it kept pulling towards the magnetic flywheel and I kept pulling it back about 3 times . So what must of happened is I pulled the starter idler off . Thanks for asking John . What a PITA

#8 ·
Thanks for that tip Dutchy . Thats just some common sense right there . I wish i thought of that, would of made it a lot simpler . Part of my issue was the pulse generator lead . I didn't want to break down everything ( rad , overflow etc ) just to do the stator . Do you guys remove the airbox to remove the pulse generator lead and then fish it back in ? Leaving it in place was probably stupid because it was so F'n short . In my mind I should of replaced that while i was in there . I did replace the reg/rectifier , even though it was still good . I like that Tip Dutchy .Thank you, would of really helped with the pull of that magnet keepin the cover angle str8

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.