RC51 Forums banner

SP2 oil cooler on SP1

2K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  jondog9 
#1 ·
It's not quite a bolt-on. Before I start cutting the upper cooler mount that I waited two months for, Is this the right shape bracket?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I can't answer your question, I'm researching the same mod. It looked like a simple one, just buy the two brackets from Honda, locate a SP2 oil cooler with the lines attached, then I can install a SP2 lower inner front cowl to replace my broken SP1 one which isn't available anymore.

Following...

#4 · (Edited)
The bracket you show in the first post is the SP2 upper bracket.
The bracket you show in the third post is the SP2 lower bracket.

Since you started this thread, I've converted to the SP2 oil cooler.
I located a cooler, lines and the two brackets attached. It was a direct bolt on.
The only modification needed is to flip the horn upwards 180 degrees. It fits nicely.

Attachments

#6 ·
Not trolling you, but, I still don't know what you're talking about.
I gather you've solved the problem, but I had zero issues with both SP2 brackets. They mounted perfectly to my SP1 frame.

I just didn't want folks to think this was a difficult mod, it was direct bolt in and plug and play for me.
I recommend using a SP2 lower-inner front cowl so the cooler gets air flow. The SP1 lower-inner blocks most of the SP2 oil cooler.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.