RC51 Forums banner

Bike wont start

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Heretic 
#1 ·
So I've owned my RC51 (2000) model for about 4 years and its always run fine. I left it sitting for about 3 months without starting it.
Tried then to start it and it would kick over for about a sec and shut down, tried it many time and same result would fire up and then shut down.

I couldn't hear the fuel pump prime so I checked the relays and they seemed fine. Got a new fuel pump and it primed and the bike fired up but then shut down. Went to start it again and now no relay click, no fuel pump priming, no headlights. Its even worse than before putting in the new fuel pump. If I disconnect the fuel pump nothing happens. The relays don't click any more and my headlights are not working. Horn, taillights, indicators work fine.

I check the fuse box and seems they are all fine. I've checked the fuel pump relay and the black brown wire has no voltage going through it when the bike is turned on. Checked the ground wire next to the subframe.

Some how since installing the new fuel pump something happened

Not sure what else to check, any ideas :crying:

See less See more
#7 ·
Been there before!

Reactions: DannyBoy
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.