RC51 Forums banner

All you guys with Sp1's

2K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  SubSailor 
#1 ·
Try to picture this if you can and tell me yay or nay.

Picture a 2000Sp1 with a 2005 Black front upper fairing and a black rear cowl but the stock red&black side fairings and tank.

Would it look decent? I have the opportunity to get the 2 pieces for a really decent price and I can't seem to picture how it will look

#3 ·
I think I'm just gonna pass on it. I don't want to spend the cash and then have it not look good and have to go through the hassle of reselling it all.

And truthfully I could use a new lawnmower instead :)

Quick question Sub I got a front fairing thats in better shape then the one I have now except for a crack in the left side. Whats the best way do you think to repair that? Plastic welding is new to me and I wouldn't know the 1st place to look for to do that. I guess a body shop could do that huh? Or could I just get some bondo and repaint? I have know idea

#4 ·
Quite honestly, I replaced the front cowl because the previous plastic weld was starting to crack.
So I avoided the problem by replacing the part.
I'm wondering if a fiberglass/epoxy repair will last longer.
Maybe if a more flexible epoxy is used is won't crack (?).

#6 ·
Tell me about it!!
I replaced all my bodywork due to previous damage.
Quite a few bucks there.
That's why I just couldn't bring myself to drill holes for the frame sliders.
So I pulled off the sliders instead.

When I pulled the new front cowl out of the box it felt so fragile until all the headlights and lower guide were fastened to brace and strengthen it.
That ABS is thin.

The lower cowls are the only items that seem substantial since they seem to be of thicker and different plastic.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.