RC51 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!
I bought a second hand Öhlins steeringdamper for my '01 SP1, but there was nog Öhlins fairing stay, so I'm looking for one :)

With kind regards,
Jelmer

·
Premium Member
4,560 Posts
I own two of these complete sets with the original steel fairing stays. Hard to find!
Not looking to sell though...

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
i actually MIGHT have a Harris mount that works the same as the Ohlins one (piston mount in front of tank)

let me check

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I own two of these complete sets with the original steel fairing stays. Hard to find!
Not looking to sell though...
Mhm.. Perhaps you can take measurements? Then I'll make it myself. I'd like to have it look as original as possible :)

I'm the largest Ohlins dealer in the world and I cannot get one at least not new anyway... That is actually why I ended up going with the Scott's damper instead of the Ohlins rod style.
Yeah, I've already checked at Öhlins, too bad :p

I know about the Harris stay, but I'd like to see if there is an original Öhlins stay somewhere.

·
Premium Member
4,560 Posts
You could borrow the one that is in rougher condition I suppose ? Are you going to make them from Aluminum ? I would be interested in one if you did.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You could borrow the one that is in rougher condition I suppose ? Are you going to make them from Aluminum ? I would be interested in one if you did.
I live in The Netherlands, so we would have to send it to here, and back again.

But do you have pictures perhaps?
I do have somebody who welds for me.

·
Premium Member
4,560 Posts
Top nut is standard OEM. I have a Titanium one spare from ti64 in the UK. Was custom made with a batch of stuff I did a few years ago.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Top nut is standard OEM. I have a Titanium one spare from ti64 in the UK. Was custom made with a batch of stuff I did a few years ago.
Really? I think mine is too big, can't get it loose atm, don't have the right tools.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Few pictures.
Has it been in some sort of crash? It looks a bit bent.
Either way, looks like that wouldn't be much of a hassle to recreate, only aluminium would be a bit trickier. (Bending alu creates more stress in the material)

·
Premium Member
4,560 Posts
No crash damage. Just some extra holes were drilled for aftermarket mirrors...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts