RC51 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so I got all new seals for a brake rebuild that was way overdue. Nothing new, standard procedure stuff. Couple months ago I go to ronayers and they've got multiple offerings.

http://www.ronayers.com/Fiche/TypeID/26/Type/FRONT_BRAKE_CALIPER/MakeID/1/Make/Honda/YearID/42/Year/2001/ModelID/6525/Model/RVT1000R/GroupID/273744/Group/FRONT_BRAKE_CALIPER

As you can see there's two choices for #1, and two choices for #2. Being thrifty, I chose wrong with the cheaper ones. I went with 06451-MCZ-006 for #1, the smaller, lower pistons. They went in with entirely too much pressure and just didn't feel right. Well sure enough they don't hold pressure. No, I didn't put them in backwards, they are not directional. We'll see what ronayers has to say about it, but has anyone run into this before?

·
Premium Member
6,481 Posts
Both SP1 and SP2 calipers use two different size pistons.
The SP1 caliper pistons are 34mm and 32mm, while the SP2 caliper pistons are 32mm and 30mm.
So you probably need seal set 1 and 2 for the calipers.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I ordered sets 1 and 2, the problem is according to the fiche you have two choices of each. No further information is given to allow you to make an educated decision, it's pretty much just pick one.

Am I just reading the fiche wrong? I'm seeing two choices of each with different pricing. I've tried calling ronayers but they are closed for the holiday.

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
The way I am reading this is you need two #1's ands 2#2's. They could have made the drawing a little less confusing for sure.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright, well I talked to ronayers and we've got it sorted. Turns out, the customer-view fiche groups years together, but doesn't specify in the description. When you call customer service, their fiche breaks it down further by year and they can see which of the two you need. They said to call anytime you see two possible choices.

Maybe it makes too much sense to specify further in the description. Oh well, got the correct ones on the way and hope this helps someone out.

·
Premium Member
6,481 Posts
Alright, well I talked to ronayers and we've got it sorted. Turns out, the customer-view fiche groups years together, but doesn't specify in the description. When you call customer service, their fiche breaks it down further by year and they can see which of the two you need. They said to call anytime you see two possible choices.

Maybe it makes too much sense to specify further in the description. Oh well, got the correct ones on the way and hope this helps someone out.
That's why I usually browse MRCycles or IndyOEM.
They only show the applicable part numbers. Makes like much easier.
Before then, I had the same problem when ordering parts from Ron Ayers.

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
That's why I usually browse MRCycles or IndyOEM.
They only show the applicable part numbers. Makes like much easier.
Before then, I had the same problem when ordering parts from Ron Ayers.
Hey SubSailor, I started using Indy at your recomendation. Yeah, they got good diagrams and everything I ordred was exactly right. bikebandit is good to compare diagrams, I used to flip back and forth cause their diagrams vary just a little bit. One might show you what the other doesn't on occasion. But Indy's prices always a lot lower.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts