RC51 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I’m new here and just picked up my first SP1. I’ve read about the swingarm spools and was just wondering was there anyway to add these on. Has anyone else had a solution to this problem? And also the Jardine 2-1. Can’t seem to find it anywhere. Any other companies provide a 2-1 system?

·
Premium Member
439 Posts
If the threaded spools are not welded to the bottom of the Swingarm, you can find axle adjusters that have the lift tabs on them?

·
Premium Member
439 Posts
Oh, that's all they want for it? :-/

·
Registered
28 Posts
Is that a european Sp1? By any chance just trying to figure what bikes didn’t have the treaded hole for paddock stand spools

·
Premium Member
439 Posts
My 2000 SP-1 has them...

·
Registered
68 Posts
A very simple inexpensive solution is to get a steel rod long enough to fit through the hollow axle nut. Then all you need is the swing arm stand with a standard lifting arm. Works great and no attachment to the swingarm is needed. Just remember to take the rod out of the axle before riding or you will be buying another one.... I actually went to Wal-Mart and purchased a long metal paint stir tool that attaches to a drill and then just cut the "stir" end off. The only downside is that it does no good to use this method if you are buying it to remove the rear tire. It is great however for other service and if you just want to park it on a swing arm stand.
2000 Sp-1 had them installed from factory and for some unknown reason, they were deleted from the 2001 models.

·
Registered
268 Posts
abbastandsusa.com , they lift the bike by the swingarm pivot. You can lift either or both wheels. Package #2. $285.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I drilled and tapped a 8mm or 3/8”bolt hole under the axle and screwed in a bolt with a raised shoulder so that looks a bit better than a normal bolt. I think I used rotor bolts.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts