RC51 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I recently did a 04 throttle body swap on my 01 now I have a bad part throttle stumble lost bottom end power definitely feels like I have lost power through the entire rpm range. Bike has a pc3r with yoshimura slipons,15-40 chain and soft rev eliminator. Bike ran perfect before so wondering if I just have a faulty injector any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2,325 Posts
replace fuel pressure regulator

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you rc-devil I replaced the fuel pressure regulator with no improvement in the stumble. It's when you just cracked the throttle a hair it feels like it's loaded up. Would a bad tune cause this?

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
I simply do not understand why you guys feel the need to screw around with a perfectly matched injection system... Just because something is different that does not just automatically make it better.

Additionally the mid-range pull on the SP1 is better than the SP2 due to the smaller throttle bodies while sacrificing very little of the top end performance.

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
Hello I recently did a 04 throttle body swap on my 01 now I have a bad part throttle stumble lost bottom end power definitely feels like I have lost power through the entire rpm range. Bike has a pc3r with yoshimura slipons,15-40 chain and soft rev eliminator. Bike ran perfect before so wondering if I just have a faulty injector any help would be greatly appreciated.
When you did "the swap", what did you change? Please list out the components you changed besides the throttle bodies.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Never did install a new map after the swap. The only parts I changed were the throttle bodies and the boots from the 04 with a new fuel pressure regulator.

·
Registered
420 Posts
1+ The size of the SP2 Throttle bodies was not designed around a street engine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts