·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed some of you guys talk weight shaving on the rc51s,any suggestions o8

·
Registered
82 Posts
Change your wheels. The SP1 wheels are heavy compared to the SP2 wheels. Easy to find. Simple swap. Massive change to the steering characteristics and makes transitions easier. Just feels lighter.
Aftermarket wheels are even lighter, but much more expensive.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Change your wheels. The SP1 wheels are heavy compared to the SP2 wheels. Easy to find. Simple swap. Massive change to the steering characteristics and makes transitions easier. Just feels lighter.
Aftermarket wheels are even lighter, but much more expensive.
Where could I find the sp2 wheels,ive looked at aftermarket and your right,very expensive.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Need to find someone who has a set and is willing to part with them or find an SP2 being parted out.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Ok gotcha,how much lighter are they?
It’s only 3-4lbs per wheel if I remember correctly. Somebody can correct me if they know better.
But you will definitely feel the difference at the bars. I remember almost riding off the inside of a corner the first time I drove it after the wheel swap.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Doubtful. On the Rogue website wheel comparison the forged aluminum were barely 2.75lbs lighter than stock RC51 so unlikely another cast wheel is going to be 3-4lbs lighter. Probably in the neighborhood of a pound, maybe. More likely it’s a few ounces difference. Sorry to burst anyone’s bubble.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts