RC51 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks for the welcomes and congrats folks. I was hoping to pick the bike up this week, but there is a little transaction snag which may preclude this happening this week and hopefully doesn't preclude the entire deal. Got my fingers crossed on the bike being decently clean as it is intended to be a long term add to the garage.

Wingnutt, I'm within 2 miles of you. I'd love to see your parts collection. PM me.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Originally was going to pick the bike up yesterday, but discovered while speaking with the seller that he had lost the title and he didn't have a replacement title yet. He's got the title now, so I'm off to pick it up this morning.

Got my fingers crossed.

·
Registered
18 Posts

Here are some pics. Leaving on a 3 day ride tomorrow, so it is going to sit till next week.

Thanks to Wingnutt for coming over. Nice meeting him and getting an idea of how much can be improved on these bikes. Makes me wonder about my plan back to stock plan for the bike.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
... Makes me wonder about my plan back to stock plan for the bike.
I like all my stuff to stay as stock as possible, too; never got into super-modifying stuff, maybe just a couple select mods here & there ... but in the case of the RC51 I think if you put the bike back to stock you will soon start working toward (re-)modifying it. Best to ride it before deciding.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Super nice meeting you as well Ray, funny how we know alot of the same people. Extrap is correct and as we discussed if you want to get it 100% stock you have a good start but the mod bug is lurking following your every E-bay search and will soon consume you:D

Welcome to the hive :D

On a side note thank-you for keeping your promise and not telling anyone I rode over to your place without gear :eek:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Super nice meeting you as well Ray, funny how we know alot of the same people.
The Twin Cities motorcycling community isn't very large when it comes to sportbike performance stuff. I'm sure we know allot more of the same people than we even figured out during your visit.

Extrap is correct and as we discussed if you want to get it 100% stock you have a good start but the mod bug is lurking following your every E-bay search and will soon consume you:D
Stock is probably going to be it except for the exhaust that it is already on the bike. The Ohlins FGRT forks which are for sale on the forum are certainly tempting, but then I review the list of stuff on your bike and I think, hmmm, also need wheels, rear shock and brakes at a minimum... Got other bikes to ride and still got more bikes to collect and this could easily be a sub 1K mile per year bike, so ....

Welcome to the hive :D

On a side note thank-you for keeping your promise and not telling anyone I rode over to your place without gear :eek:
Hey, backwards baseball cap, wife beater, board shorts and flip flops are gear for many, and who am I to judge? :)

·
Premium Member
3,185 Posts
:eek: tsk tsk ;)

Hey Ray, how about some pics of the rest of the collection....i like what i could make out from the picture. I thought i had a nice collection.

·
Registered
18 Posts

916 is a '95 early production "Varese" with 57K+ miles on it. RS250 is street plated. Bike underneath the cover on the ground is a 996S that I'm trying to sell for a friend who lives in the WI boonies. Ninja 1000 is my sport tourer.

Dirt bike is a WR426F. The one under the cover next to the dirtbike on the second tier is a 999R.

Been working on a '94 ZX7R M2 and buttoned it up for the time being. Started looking over the RC51 today. 1199S is my modern sportbike.

GSXR LTD is out being dyno tuned.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts