1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
RVT1000 in California area
Please tell me the specifications

California regulations are strict in the United States since ancient times

What is the difference between VTR1000SP in other US regions, EU and Japan?

Is horsepower down?:オタク:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you very much for contacting me.

Thank you very much for contacting me.

Does it affect output?
Can you run with the same horsepower as in other areas?

·
Registered
109 Posts
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_RC51

The service manual refers to the emissions controls starting on page 1-40. Not sure, but I think all the US bikes came with the PAIR system but only the Cali models included the Evap canister system (page 1-43). It's just for fuel vapors coming from the tank when the bike is parked. I don't believe there's a measurable performance difference between having one or not having one. Of course I removed mine... and the black ones are faster anyways.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So that's it
Thank you for the easy-to-understand explanation.
I have no worries.

Canister clogging (cause: dirty) → Is there a possibility?

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
RVT1000 in California area
Please tell me the specifications

California regulations are strict in the United States since ancient times

What is the difference between VTR1000SP in other US regions, EU and Japan?

Is horsepower down?:オタク:

With the addition of the US DOT & Federal Emissions mandates imposed on the US Spec bikes they have various ANTI-Smog devices installed along with a slightly different exhaust than other regions and the ECU is a different Spec with entirely different internal mappings. So yes they are down on power both from the actual fuel tables and the special soft-rev limiter imposed on US Spec bikes. There are further differences in the ECU between a California Model & a 49 State Model

Neither the EVAP canister or the PAIR system causes any reduction in performance from the engine.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
With the addition of the US DOT & Federal Emissions mandates imposed on the US Spec bikes they have various ANTI-Smog devices installed along with a slightly different exhaust than other regions and the ECU is a different Spec with entirely different internal mappings. So yes they are down on power both from the actual fuel tables and the special soft-rev limiter imposed on US Spec bikes. There are further differences in the ECU between a California Model & a 49 State Model

Neither the EVAP canister or the PAIR system causes any reduction in performance from the engine.
Does California have a slight drop in performance? Is that the idea?

The strongest specifications are
Canada → EU → California

1 - 10 of 10 Posts