RC51 Forums banner

02 having idle problems and brake light sensor

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  SubSailor 
#1 ·
my bike is acting like a retard step child right now. first it would die out because the fuel filter was clogged fixed that and i swapped out the spark plugs. fixed that it ran fine for like a week now it will hold an idle for like 3min, then it will cut off slowly or have problems holding an idle unless im slightly on the gas. runs fine at speed but in 1st is like riding a bull. it smells a lil rich. and no light indicators ie f1 have come on that one problem the other is that the front brake light sensor only turns the brake light on with slight pressure but when brakes are actually applied light goes off and the rear brake light doesn't come on i haven't crashed or dropped it and all this came out of no where.... if u know any thing, help a rider out thanx

#2 ·
You may possibly be having problems with the fuel regulator.
Others have had such problems with results of lean or rich conditions depending on failure.
As for the front brake light switch, the microswitch may be going bad internally.
Have you pulled the connectors off the front and rear brake light switches and checked them with a continuity meter?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.