RC51 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just introduced myself to the forum and need a little help right off. I traded for a '03 that does not show signs of abuse, more like neglect. First off are both headlights suppose to be on at low beam? Secondly, this bike has integrated rear led turn signals and led front signals. Left front turn does not work, probably a loose wire, bad light, etc. However, the turn signal indicator on the dash illuminates when you activate either brake. I'm thinking something is backfeeding for a ground? I got the bike and left an hour later to go out of town and sitting in hotel brainstorming. Bike only has 7K miles and looking forward to riding once I get rid of the gremlins. If any of you riders has faced this issue your input will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
The left headlight is the low beam, the right is high. Unless they're rigged.
Sounds light you got some electrical issues with the blinkers and maybe the headlights as well.
Grab a copy of the service manual and get immersed in the wiring diagram.
http://www.rc51.info/index.php?page=service

I had to do this because of the clown who previously owned mine.
Because of his shenanigans I had to replace all my wiring harnesses.

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Time to get naked and do a little work on that bad boy!! Keep us updated on what you do for the fix, good luck bro.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I appreciate the replies. Sounds like h/l's are correct. I'm hoping when I get back home and fix/repair left t/s all will be good. I'm fairly sure the t/s indicator lighting up when I use either brake has got to go away. No, make that, I'm real sure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts