RC51 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I recently picked up an 03 RC51 with a lot of goodies on it. long story short the bike needs all new plastics and other parts. the bike came with a set of 5 spoke marchesini wheels, i noticed that the sprocket and chain needs to be replaced and that the cush dampers have play. my question, is there any other option for going with a steel sprocket vs a aluminum one, and where can i get a good set of cush dampers?

·
Registered
728 Posts
You can get the cush dampers straight from any marchesini dealer, as far as steel sprocket goes a lot of places now have steel teeth in aluminum centers which are supposed to be as good as straight steel but still lighter, tho not as light as aluminum they have much more durability. Look into that.

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
Marchesini wheels don't use the OEM bolt pattern, so you'll need to order your sprockets from manufacturers that make specialty sprockets.
I've been using a Vortex F5 aluminum sprocket for two years now, and it has lasted a good many thousand miles. No complaints.

I checked the sprocket teeth and I can see a tiny bit of wear, but nothing that even comes close to needing replacement.
And that's with over 18K miles of use.
Unfortunately, they only come in black.

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
Doesn't the Marchesini wheel use a Kawasaki bolt pattern??
I don't know the dimensions of Kawi sprockets, but for my Marchesini wheels, I need a sprocket with a 5-bolt pattern, 76mm hub I.D., and 100mm bolt hole circle diameter.
This is also used by Marvic and BST.
The Marchesini GP wheels use a different bolt hole circle of 96mm.

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
Hey guys I recently picked up an 03 RC51 with a lot of goodies on it. long story short the bike needs all new plastics and other parts. the bike came with a set of 5 spoke marchesini wheels, i noticed that the sprocket and chain needs to be replaced and that the cush dampers have play. my question, is there any other option for going with a steel sprocket vs a aluminum one, and where can i get a good set of cush dampers?
I bought my cush dampers from TAV Vehicle Concepts which has changed hands and is now TAW Performance.
Here's the link.
http://www.tawperformance.com/

1 - 7 of 7 Posts