RC51 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm new to this wonderful forum. By I recently purchased an 04 rc and it needs a few things. Mostly I need the passenger seat latch. And the tail fairing, but I'm looking for an original 04 as I would like to keep it stock. Also the bike came with Jardine exhaust but the previous owner took just the slip ons and mid pipes off and managed to lose the mid pipes, so If there is any of those out there that would be helpful.

·
Registered
420 Posts
The oem parts are still available from honda. The mid you will have to get very luck and hope someone is selling one. I would post in the wanted section.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess I did not think to check with The Honda dealer, I just figured they would have discontinued the parts for theses bikes by now. My only problem with that is I was burned badly by my local Honda dealer with the purchase of another motorcycle years ago and vowed to never do business with him again for taking advantage of a young kid who didn't know any better. KoleDeRacer isn't this section the wanted section? At least that's were I thought I posted this. Thanx again for the info.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I guess I did not think to check with The Honda dealer, I just figured they would have discontinued the parts for theses bikes by now. My only problem with that is I was burned badly by my local Honda dealer with the purchase of another motorcycle years ago and vowed to never do business with him again for taking advantage of a young kid who didn't know any better. KoleDeRacer isn't this section the wanted section? At least that's were I thought I posted this. Thanx again for the info.
Yes it is sorry.
I just clicked on it through new post.

Looks like a new tail from honda is around $440
The seat latch 77220-KY6-000 HOOK, SEAT CATCH is only about $17
Also how bad is your tail? It may be cheaper to have yours repainted and new stickers they are about 40$ each side.
That or find a good one on eBay. Stay away from the Chinese ones they are bad...
Service Honda

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What are looking to get for them? I need to measure my mufflers and see what size they are. Not sure if ladybird and Jardine are interchangeable.

·
Registered
420 Posts
What are looking to get for them? I need to measure my mufflers and see what size they are. Not sure if ladybird and Jardine are interchangeable.
They are not interchangeable. The jardine are much smaller. I want to say the 2 into 2 is 51mm. You can get Dan moto cans for 120 or so each. Lady bird cans are 330 or so each.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I guess that will settle it then as much as I love the LB's I just cant see the point I having to buy two more mufflers when I have two carbon jardines that I personally love the way they look cant wait to get them on the bike. Thanx for the offer sbkdrew.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts