Had:

Now Have:

I hope I made the right decision.

·
Premium Member
6,481 Posts
Nice bike with low mileage!!!

What's the deal with the shift lever?
What happened to the linkage, did they try to make it a GP shift pattern?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nice bike with low mileage!!!

What's the deal with the shift lever?
What happened to the linkage, did they try to make it a GP shift pattern?
I do not know but now it is 1 up and 5 down. Is there an advantage to this or is it a matter of preference? I got the original parts to return it back to original. Will this wear out more parts? I even got the stock exhaust, a rear bike stand and a battery tender.

I was so excited last night after the trade that I could not sleep....:D

Jay

·
Registered
14 Posts
you definitely made the right decision with the trade. I went from a harley, to a GSX-R750 then the best of of both worlds, my '03 RC51. I don't think I'll go back to an inline 4 (although the new R1 with cross plane crank is pretty cool) my next bike will be another vtwin powered sport bike (fingers crossed on a ducati unless another company produces annother duc hunter like our 51's)

have fun with it, I know I love mine.

·
Premium Member
6,481 Posts
I do not know but now it is 1 up and 5 down. Is there an advantage to this or is it a matter of preference? I got the original parts to return it back to original. Will this wear out more parts? I even got the stock exhaust, a rear bike stand and a battery tender.

I was so excited last night after the trade that I could not sleep....:D

Jay
The advantage of the GP shift pattern is you can shift into higher gear while leaned over to the left, so you won't get your boot caught between the bike and ground.

·
Premium Member
6,481 Posts
...my next bike will be another vtwin powered sport bike (fingers crossed on a ducati unless another company produces annother duc hunter like our 51's)
That would be the KTM RC8 or RC8R.
And unfortunately, they too are pricey (well, by my wallet anyways).

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yeah I was looking at those, they look interesting nut the KTM's have an unhealthy price tag. I'll wait until I can maybe pick up a used one in a few years for a fraction of the new price, or again the Duc's. Also I see BMW has a contribution coming to the superbike world that looks promising. I hear rumors of a vtwin but most most likely parallel twin. BUt im sure the BMW will also carry a hefty price tag.

·
Registered
85 Posts
you definitely made the right decision with the trade. I went from a harley, to a GSX-R750 then the best of of both worlds, my '03 RC51. I don't think I'll go back to an inline 4 (although the new R1 with cross plane crank is pretty cool) my next bike will be another vtwin powered sport bike (fingers crossed on a ducati unless another company produces annother duc hunter like our 51's)

have fun with it, I know I love mine.
My brother has a 2008 Ducati 1098 and he let me ride it.
I was blow away by how comfortable that bike is to ride; I was not all baled up on it like I am on the RC.

In fact I liked it so much I have been salivating over the 2009 Ducati 848.
I am riding down the Duck dealer on Saturday with my brother and one of his friends.
My brother’s friend is going to pick up an 1198 and I am hoping for an 848 demo ride.

I don’t if I will buy one as they are 14K new, but the put out the same numbers as the RC, but weight 100Llbs less and it is a Ducati of course. 
I do love the RC though and it was half the cost of the Duck.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys, my first mod I just ordered a 15/42 gear set. I think I will enjoy this bike more. Just love to sound of the twin. It reminds me of my STI. :)

·
Premium Member
6,481 Posts
A Subaru? I've never heard it described like that.

When I ride mine, I keep thinking it's sounds more like a small-block Chevy with a blower.

·
Registered
7 Posts
i hear that too... the small block sound.. especially after obsessing over youtube videos for the last few days.. and the ones with straight pipes..my god..

The subaru thing I understand though, some modded sti's can sound like v8s.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I compared it to the STI because like the RC51 it has its unique rumble. Everybody thinks my STI is misfiring when idling just like the RC51.

I love it!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts