RC51 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy all....my itch to get back on the street had gotten the better of me. I'm looking very hard at a showroom condition 2004. It has a hair over 1300 miles on it; completely stock. Hasn't even had it's first service yet. Price is $8000 which I know is considerably higher than book, but it seems premium RC's are commanding a price. Am I right or is this too high?

Thanks all!!

·
Registered
149 Posts
I paid $7000. for a mint '03 with accessories and only 1200 miles on it, just last year. I say be a bit more patient, sounds high.

John

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good to know- thanks!

·
Registered
94 Posts
I paid 7,000 May09 for my Nicky Hayden new with crate damage. Too expensive to replace all body parts so put on Konica body kit. I probably paid too much, but there is nothing like an RC!

·
Registered
82 Posts
If the oil has not been changed yet I would stay away. Even with low miles the oil should be changed minimum of once a year. If it has never been serviced the oil is 5 years old and you have the chance that the seals have gone bad, along with problems internial with the engine.

·
Registered
30 Posts
i would try to talk them down a little. bought 03 800 miles with mods.stands,cover and even little nubbies on tires along with some cobwebs from sitting.6800.00 i paid

·
Registered
132 Posts
got my 04 last year with 6k miles for 6,000 with 2 arai helmets ,jacket , gloves , battery stay , n some other stuff

1 - 10 of 10 Posts