RC51 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at an 04. The bike will not start while on its sidestand. Crazy. I dont remember my 01 doing that. Possible problems? Bike is clean and never been down. Bike rode like a dream. But when I stopped to take some pics (while on a test ride) I put the sidestand down and it kept running. As soon as I leaned it over and the sidestand had weight on it, it quits running.

Thanks for any input

Marc

·
Premium Member
6,481 Posts
So your bike runs with the sidestand down, but stops when the bike's weight is applied onto the stand?
I'd check your sidestand switch. Then same bolt holds the sidestand and the switch.
You can pull the connector behind the left side cowl and use a continuity meter to check the operation.
Also check the clutch switch as well.
The clutch switch, sidestand switch, and neutral indicator switch work together for the engine cutoff safety circuit.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok. Went to put switch on last night! Fackin bike did the same thing. LOL. So my wife and I started lookin at the PCIII and its connections to see if there was a chaffed wire. That was fine. Then I noticed the lean angle sensor (I'm guessing) was only bolted on with one bolt. So I put it back where it should be turned key and it primed every time. So I bolted it down. PROBLEM FIXED:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts