RC51 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a question i got a 05 RC the past week awesome bike but the battery died on me while getting gas. when i went to replace it in a hurry and it being 110 out pouring sweat i fkd up and hooked the battery up backward. as soon as i hit the ground wire to the battery after hooking up power i realized it was wrong. put it in right and now nothing happens when i key it on. im a diesel tech and kno i blew a fuse or possibly something worse, fuses are good would it be something easy ? i found in the manual the electric start diode inspection, my meter is at work so i was going to check it tomorrow. any info would be appreciated or a point in the right right direction. jus thought id ask in here to see if anybody else may have done that or seen that before. some good info here and nice bikes

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks Duckhunter i think that tail section was going to be the last place i would have looked, ya the main fuse is blown. ya no power no nothing, from the wiring diagram that fuse controls all the power to the bike before the switch. ill getting a new fuse shortly i dont have any not even any in my car to rob haha ,thanks

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
all good starts up and all good. no no extra fuse, i got a box of them and figured id keep a few extra of different ones for future use. we jumped it at the gas station got it home the other day, today i put the battery then that happened. i spent the day cleaning it up a lil since it was raining all day

·
Premium Member
4,561 Posts
all good starts up and all good. no no extra fuse, i got a box of them and figured id keep a few extra of different ones for future use. we jumped it at the gas station got it home the other day, today i put the battery then that happened. i spent the day cleaning it up a lil since it was raining all day
Aright, glad I could help ya out. Stick around here, we love fresh meat :eek:;):D:)

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 9 of 9 Posts