RC51 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to see if I can get a stem mount that will fit the skinny threaded hole on my bike. If not, can this can be modded or do I have to get a mirror mount quad lock for the fairing stay? I'd rather have a arm mount. What's your opinions and setups?

Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
30 Posts
I would think you could rig up a RAM mount to the fairing stay? It would at least seem more secure there versus one little screw? My 2 cents...

·
Registered
40 Posts
If that’s the stock plug it should just pop out, exposing a larger hole. The stock stem is actually too large for Quad Lock’s stem mount (even the large one that’s included). I ended up putting the large stem over the small to make it big enough.

I really liked the stem mount once I got it dialed in. Unfortunately I then got a Scott’s damper so I switched to a mirror mount on the brace. I’m not as big of a fan of this and be advised that their mirror mount is too small, so it has to be ground out to fit.

Im going to try for a new solution for a mount location. That said, I love the quad lock itself.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Current setup. I believe I used the arm and iso-mount from my stem kit, and the mirror mount base. I ground the mount oversize slightly so that I could wrap the brace in tape underneath (to prevent marring the brace).
Vehicle Car Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Current setup. I believe I used the arm and iso-mount from my stem kit, and the mirror mount base. I ground the mount oversize slightly so that I could wrap the brace in tape underneath (to prevent marring the brace).
View attachment 137017
That looks really good. How do you like the quad lock? I heard mixed reviews on it and also heard some people's phone cameras getting ruined from it

·
Registered
40 Posts
Thanks!
I had heard the same. As a result I used their vibration isolation mount. If you look closely you’ll see the lock portion “floats” on three rubber mounts. The phone still moves around some while riding but this far I’ve been ok (searching for wood to knock on now, lol).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts