RC51 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search and came up with a couple thread over the years but has anyone done this that knows if it was an easy fit? What needed to be done? thanks

·
Premium Member
2,322 Posts
I did a search and came up with a couple thread over the years but has anyone done this that knows if it was an easy fit? What needed to be done? thanks
you need to know how to weld/fab. , i actually have the 3 main pieces for sale to do this.

pm me

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,485 Posts
How were yer nuts after a longer ride RC-Devil?? :grin2:
My thought exactly.
While stylish (and I coped the photos for posterity as a result), the subframe is canted too high. The front of the rear cowl doesn't even meet the fuel tank evenly.
If the angle was reduced to a comfortable level, that would be a very nicely styled bike.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so how were your nuts? lol. I'm fine with the cowl not meeting the tank evenly but it being canted too high might be a problem. anyone actually seen one in person or ridden one? does it need an aftermarket subframe to make this happen? can't just fab a 1000rr tail on a stock subframe?

·
Registered
101 Posts
IMO it looks good from this sides but I think the tail is too slim and not proportional to the tank and front end (kinda reminds me of a helicopter). And also, from the pic, it looks like the back is raised too.... much load on the arm, no? But hey props for the built though... always love custom work 👍👍

·
Registered
246 Posts
I think the ass is too big on the stocker...love the slim cbr tail...fine with me if shes big in the front and slim in the rear, but that's just me.....

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
Yeah, it's a love it or leave it type of mod.

Derril, I see where you're coming from. There are times when I look at my piggy and think, 'you're looking heavy in the hips ole girl'. The long sato lowmounts emphasize it.
:nerd:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts