RC51 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So i absolutely love my bike the way it is but i also have a few extra dollars i may want to invest, so my random question of the day is, what would you buy if you were given a $125 gift card for your RC51 only.

currently

Smoked screen (home grown)
Frame sliders
PC-III
Flush mount front signals
Gold wheels
Tank pad (in route)
HID (in route)
Brake lines

my ideas im rolling around are:

undertail
rear hugger
or these levers http://www.rideitmoto.com/products.php?id=28l

all maint is up to date, and the tire funds are set aside for next month at my next track day

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
I just looked at those levers, I'd vote for those. By the pictures of the shorty's mounted, they look just a touch longer than my pazzo shorty's. I REALLY like the feel of quality handles. Look for how much freeplay or up and down movement once the handles are mounted -- they should feel quite a bit better than oem.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just looked at those levers, I'd vote for those. By the pictures of the shorty's mounted, they look just a touch longer than my pazzo shorty's. I REALLY like the feel of quality handles. Look for how much freeplay or up and down movement once the handles are mounted -- they should feel quite a bit better than oem.
the more i see them the more i like them, they will probably get ordered shortly and at that price i hope they are good quality

as for grips, im shopping around for those also to see what i like

·
Registered
82 Posts
Go into the Tech section , go into the section marked "Details about bulbs" and then read the section "HID lamps".Read what he says about retrofitting HID's into halogen lamps. This isn't just an opinion from his view and he goes into detail to explain it.

Just go through the entire site and read through the various sections and go into each link given. It will give you a better overall understanding of what may be the best path to follow when upgrading the lights on any vehicle.

Please don't take this as me trying to flame you on a choice you had made. I'm just trying to be more helpful and my initial response was pretty blunt since I was pretty tired last night.

I have the CGR levers on my bike and the lever you have may be a good upgrade since you have the other parts above listed.

Have you upgraded the pads to go with the lines? Shoudl you decide on the undertail and don't want to attack it alone. I'm not too far away and have done it more times than I can count.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Have you upgraded the pads to go with the lines? Shoudl you decide on the undertail and don't want to attack it alone. I'm not too far away and have done it more times than I can count.

are you referring to the tank grip pads?

i have a feeling i wont be doing an undertail at least at this time, and while i would welcome any company while workin on stuff i have also had my fair share of diving into wiring/lighting thanks to my last bike, 01 katana with a rats next of wires in the tail section, never have i seen so many butt connectors for so few lights

1 - 20 of 35 Posts