RC51 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,536 Posts
Negative, but I do have a nice set of Michs for sale...great for puttin' around.

ImageUploadedByMO Free1398907292.784293.jpg

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Glad you fellas are doing some tire business here. My asking is if anyone has tried running a 120/60 instead of the 120/70 which is recommended.

·
Premium Member
1,536 Posts
Glad you fellas are doing some tire business here. My asking is if anyone has tried running a 120/60 instead of the 120/70 which is recommended.

Sorry sorry. Never ran a thinner front tire...not sure what the benefit would be though...as you would reduce the contact patch and have less traction.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I just ordered a set of front and rear and didn't double check the series and I have a 60 instead of a 70 heading my way. Maybe I will just whittle that tire down doing some distance trips. Seems like it would be good for breaking anyway.

·
Premium Member
1,536 Posts
It might also cause a change in geometry in the bike, much like going to a 190/55 does raises the rear, I would assume going to a 60 will drop the front. Not sure how significant the change will be though. Hopefully a few of the experts will chime in shortly.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Well, also the handling should slow a bit, but then the front will be lower to increase handling.....so it might even out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts