RC51 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was Out with a group Wednesday evening for a local scratch.
One of the lads was having trouble with his gear linkage. So I stopped with him to nip it up while the others shot off.
When we were away again, I was on it a bit trying to catch up.
I was on a pretty open bit of road & I noticed a seagull land on the road in front. It spotted me & proceeded to fly off. In the same direction I was going!
Before I knew it, it's arse was right in front of my visor.
I managed to move my body to the right & I hit with my shoulder. It was like getting a smack off mike Tyson. I looked down & there it was stuck to my left shoulder. Dead as fuck. I managed to sling it off & slowed down to a stop.
There was shit & blood all over my leathers but the the bike had just railed without a flicker.
I was lucky but my shoulder is bruised up to my neck.
Think I shot the seagulls arse through it's beak though

·
Registered
609 Posts
I've taken a glancing blow from a pigeon that decided to fly out from an underpass after picking up my brand new 04 Speed Triple. I didn't stop to see if he was ok. My pal took out a deer a few years ago with his CBR. Bike and deer did not survive.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Wow that sounds crazy. Must have been pretty shocking. Glad you are alright.

I had a bird hit my driver's side mirror on my Jeep and land between my legs while driving, that was really weird. It was flapping around for a few seconds, very unsettling.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts