RC51 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it's about that time to buy new sprockets seeing how the rear on the bike has skinny, sickle shaped teeth. I plan on buying a new chain also, and I was curious how many links the chain would have to have for a 520 15/41 gearing setup.

Thanks,
Joe

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
Our sponsors carry great deals too, sport track gear, gave me a great deal on some driven 520 steel kits, didn't break the bank either. As for links i think you can get away with 106 links or 104 it all depends on the gearing and tire size.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. Im running a 190/50 Michelin Pilot Power rear. And I would like to use a 15/41 gearing (as stated above). Im more thank likely going to boy vortex sprockets and a DID X link chain. Maybe this information can help narrow down how many links I need? Or is there no one specific answer (preference thing with many workable, usable options)?

Thanks,
Joe

·
Premium Member
4,561 Posts
Vortex sprockets are S**T:rolleyes:, go with a steel setup:).....
Aluminum does not last at all and the weight savings are next to none so really not worth it IMHO.
D.I.D is the way to go for sure, just get a full kit for 15/42 is a good gearing combo, around $200ish price wise.:D

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
JOBO dont forget the speedohealer too... it'll save you from guessing how fast you are going. Like duck said, why have a really good chain with a shitty sprocket IDK, but you should probably go for an AFAM Aluminum instead, or anything else but Vortex, then again they might just be one of those dime a dozen deals where the sprocket is really good for the long haul....up to you man.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I appreciate all the insight. So even if I go with a steel sprocket, stay away from vortex? What would be a good match as far as sprockets go for that DID chain? I was under the assumption that vortex was a reputable company as far as sprockets went.

·
Registered
575 Posts
ask RidersDiscount
Platinum Site Sponsor for a price they have free shipping to ..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts