RC51 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I can not find the reason why in my SP1 doesn't fit 190/50/17 rear factory size tyre. On the left side it rubs against the chain. It seems to be to wide. I've got accessory wheel rims and perhaps are misaligned. I have a question. Can anyone give the dimensions A B C D E of the marked things from attached photos (much better view in full size) ? I will be very grateful

P.S.
Most important are B and D for me please.

Attachments

·
Registered
420 Posts
I assume you are still running a 530 chain?
Also all tires come in slightly different real world sizes.

The real probability it that the right side (if sitting on the bike) axle is farther forward than the chain drive side. make sure you count the same number of lines from the indexing mark on the axle.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I use 530 stock chain
I have bought used 190 test tire which is real 192mm wide to check it. It doesn't fit at all.
Axle-swingarm marks and lines are aligned same on both sides.

I assume you are still running a 530 chain?
Also all tires come in slightly different real world sizes.

The real probability it that the right side (if sitting on the bike) axle is farther forward than the chain drive side. make sure you count the same number of lines from the indexing mark on the axle.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Are you sure that is a wheel designed for an RC51?
Unfortunately, I'm not sure because they were already installed before buying the bike that's why I'm looking for these ABCD dimensions

Make certain the side collars/spacers are installed/correctly.
It looks like OK. I can not even mount them differently.

My wheels are 17" Marchesini 6" wide but I don't know whether to VTR SP

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hey Kizior, I didn't try to mount aftermarket wheels so I'll leave others to help with that but I would suggest you try a 180/55/17 at some point. If you just want the look of a big fat back side, the 190 is the ticket. If you care about handling, be sure to try a 180.

I highly preferred to flog both my 916 and RC51 on the race track with a 180/55 fitted. The 190 turn-in felt slow and lumbering compared to the 180. Both bikes were notably lighter and more flickable with a 180.

If everything is mounted straight with appropriate spacers, your problem may be solved by simply shimming out the rear sprocket a bit but, like I said, consult the other forum members for that. Plenty of experts with rebuilds and modifications around here.

Later,
Kent Larson in Minnesota

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Kizior, I didn't try to mount aftermarket wheels so I'll leave others to help with that but I would suggest you try a 180/55/17 at some point. If you just want the look of a big fat back side, the 190 is the ticket. If you care about handling, be sure to try a 180.

I highly preferred to flog both my 916 and RC51 on the race track with a 180/55 fitted. The 190 turn-in felt slow and lumbering compared to the 180. Both bikes were notably lighter and more flickable with a 180.

If everything is mounted straight with appropriate spacers, your problem may be solved by simply shimming out the rear sprocket a bit but, like I said, consult the other forum members for that. Plenty of experts with rebuilds and modifications around here.

Later,
Kent Larson in Minnesota
Thx.
I have already ordered 180/55 in case of rapidly forthcoming season but I would find the cause of the problem so It would be nice to hear more advice

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Those don't look like any Marchesini wheels I am familiar with... If they are Marchesini then they must be a really really old design for another model of bike which in itself is problematic and potentially dangerous, but magnesium wheels have a shelf life as the alloy gets brittle with age and becomes susceptible to fatigue and cracking. Professional race teams with BRAND NEW mag wheels do X amount of tire changes and then throw the wheels away in just a single season.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
yeah those wheels are questionable. definitely not a Honda rear rotor on there. the spacer inside the caliper bracket looks huge as well.

post some pics from further away so it shows more of the wheel. also close-ups of the cush drive.

I suspect you have improperly fitted wheels

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
yeah those wheels are questionable. definitely not a Honda rear rotor on there. the spacer inside the caliper bracket looks huge as well.

post some pics from further away so it shows more of the wheel. also close-ups of the cush drive.

I suspect you have improperly fitted wheels
Bike came from USA from New York first owner Mr John ...
Bike wasn't used for 10 years here. Here are more pics.
How can I check if the rims are Mag or Alu ?

Attachments

·
Registered
420 Posts
Well. I am with LDH. If they are mag I would not even consider using them. If they are aluminium maybe. But it clearly is not centered and honda used a 4 bolt rear rotor during the rc51 time period.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I thought that rear rim shouldn`t be centered because mine is centered in swingarm at the moment. And 190 tire doesn`t fit. A B C D dimensions are needed.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Most recent news in my case is that rear wheel is not in the swingarm centered by factory default. In my case it is so it's wrong. It should be closer to rhe right side of the swingarm.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts