RC51 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
trying to make sure that my a 190/55/17 will fit without rubbing my swinger. im away from my bike for the next few weeks so im trying to get tires there fro when i get home. ill have 3 days before track day so i want to make sure it will fit. i know they "should" but just looking for a conformation. never ran a 55 on the track so im excited to try it. here are 2 pics. tire and dirty ass swinger, axle/chain adjusters position. chain tension is correct. gearing is 15-41.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
I've been using a 190/55-17 tire on my SP2 for years without any issues.
If your tire is far forward on the adjustment, then maybe, but mine usually stays near the middle of the range (similar to your photo) with no problems.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks! local doesn't stock the 55 and if its mounted and will not fit i wont have time to get a new tire in for track day. thanks for helping to put me at ease a bit!

·
Registered
510 Posts
I asked the same thing a little while ago on here, and everyone told 190/55/17 was fine. So I got them, and it was fine. Enjoy. :D

·
Premium Member
1,536 Posts
Yup, you'll be ok. Sometimes people have issues when running a tire hugger, but in your case you'll be fine.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
going with a set of q3s, best price ive found is from rocky mountian atv for 249.98 shipped. anyone know of a better one? i know i missed the discount from dunlop.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I didn't shop too much because I got them from ATV with the dunlop discount. Such a good deal I got the spring deal for tires for my RC and then the summer rebate on Q3s again for my 919.

You will like the tires.

·
Premium Member
1,536 Posts
That is where I got mine too, but it only came out to $236 (minus the $40 rebate, $196).

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i ran q2 on the track the last few times i went and liked them so im sure ill like the q3s. been running the michelin road 2 and 3s for the street, but i think ill keep the q3s on this time. i moved a half mile from my work so its not even worth it to ride in the winter. that will save alot of miles on my tires.

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
going with a set of q3s, best price ive found is from rocky mountian atv for 249.98 shipped. anyone know of a better one? i know i missed the discount from dunlop.
I have them , Q3s 190/55 they run taller than my CT2s . I had issues with the hugged , and my chain sproket is in the same adjusted area -

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ordered yesterday. what kinda mileage is everyone getting? i ride pretty spirited so im curious. i only averaged about 1700-1900 out of each set of q2s i ran. i got about 5500 out of my road 2s and road 3s.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts