RC51 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, so i made the trip up to Fay Myers to check this out today and it is a beautiful bike. 9 miles on the Odometer, brand new in everyway. Apparently it was found hiding in back of a dealer. Fay Myers was nice enough to let me drool all over it and snap a bunch of pics. There was not much interest in it while i was there, everyone else was all over the Desmo and other Ducati's....don't think many people know the significance behind this bike. The guys at Fay Myers seemed pleased someone knew what they were looking at and were really helpful, even knowing i was not there to buy it (unfortunately).:(

Jondog don't ever say i never did anything for you, buddy.:D

Enjoy.

IMG_5875 by gts455, on Flickr

IMG_5876 by gts455, on Flickr

IMG_5877 by gts455, on Flickr

IMG_5878 by gts455, on Flickr

IMG_5879 by gts455, on Flickr

IMG_5880 by gts455, on Flickr

·
Premium Member
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Premium Member
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
That is just better than beer and titties.....

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Awesome...

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'll second the "awesome" comment - and thanks GTS for taking the time to post these picks. Sweet.

How much was the asking price?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yeh man thanks for the great looking pics bro!! If I had that I would NEVER sell it! WOW! I think i would take the RC45 over a RC30...If i could only choose 1..

·
Registered
148 Posts
Thanks GTS!!!! What a sweet machine. Makes you wonder what else is stored in the back of some dealership.

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
Amazing! What a beautiful looking bike. Those plastic pieces that run from the gas tank to the fairing are interesting. In addition to the standard fairing stay like our RC51's.
That graphic is really cool too.
Thanks gts, I owe ya a beer sometime.
Slainte!

·
Premium Member
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No problem guys. i had fun and it was great seeing that bike in person. Especially brand new. Probably never see another one like that again.

·
Premium Member
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'll second the "awesome" comment - and thanks GTS for taking the time to post these picks. Sweet.

How much was the asking price?
No problem, it didn't have a tag and i didn't even bother to ask. I have a feeling they are relying on the ebay listing, and they will probably make a good sale off of it. I was just really really surprised that not a single person even gave it a glimpse while i was there....no one even walked anywhere near it. Guys were all over the Ducati monsters etc. but in the back was the RC45 and a Castiglionni MV Agusta F4 1090, and NO ONE went anywhere near them or even looked at them. Blows me away. People were actually looking at me like i was a lunatic for taking pictures of the HONDA there and ignoring the Ducati Desmo and Monsters.

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
We already know how challenged the Duc crowd is from time to time....:D

That is a museum piece for sure.

·
Registered
188 Posts
That is a beautiful machine. Thanks, GTS. I would love to hear what that v-4 sounds like. To have production number nine just sitting there waiting to be bought. This is why I need to become ridiculously wealthy.

·
Registered
608 Posts
You can always go for one of these versions...I loved mine. Certainly cheaper anyway and still handles like a dream.

Attachments

·
Registered
219 Posts
Darn it... wish you would have warned that there are pic's in your post. Just made a mess in my pants...at work no less! :D

·
Registered
42 Posts
I was a salesman at a large dealership in the late 90's. This was my dream bike back then and still is. We took one in on trade. All stock 2,000 miles. I could of had it for $18,000. I just couldn't afford it back then. Wish I could go back in time. If I remember right it was #28. I better stop typing, starting to cry.

·
Premium Member
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You can always go for one of these versions...I loved mine. Certainly cheaper anyway and still handles like a dream.
Beautiful bike, i would take one of those as an alternate. Maybe one day.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts