RC51 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I booked a track day with MotoVixens for 6/21 and being as I've never been to the Ridge before I was wondering if anyone has any tips for a 1st timer (on track or in the pits). All my previous track days have been at PIR where there are no elevation changes and only 2 lefts. I know that they put down a new surface and I've watched a few videos online but nothing compares to actually being on the track.

·
Registered
2001 RC51, 2018 Aprilia Tuono
38 Posts
I never did get to the Ridge when I lived in Vancouver, only PIR and Mission, so can't help much. That said...

I did do Calabogie out here last summer, which I understand is a lot like the Ridge with lots of turns, lots of elevation, and consequently lots of blind corners. Blind corners means you better know which way the track goes before you fully commit. At Calabogie, the consensus is it takes a full day to really learn your way around, even for the pro guys in CSBK. The organizer I went with actually makes you do an orientation group for your first 1-2 sessions before they let you loose on your own, regardless of what pace group you're in, and give you some tips on cues to aim for as a number of the apexes are out of sight until you're almost on them. Hopefully MotoVixens offers something similar with some discussion about lines and difficult corners to shorten the learning curve.

So assuming something similar, I'd say go easy to start, don't expect too much for a first day, possibly ride in a group slower than your usual to take the pressure off, and do a session or two in third just to focus on picking up lines and braking markers.

Either way, I'm jealous. I've heard it's a great track once you have it figured out, and the new asphalt makes it even better...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts