·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
3,239 Posts
In order for the plugs to become like this, two thing must happen

1) the plug's cap doesn't seal the plug's hole on the valve cover, good enough and it let's water in. In this case, you may haven't push the cap all the way in when you installed them.

2) the plug's draining hole on the head's side is clogged and the moisture/water is pooling around the plug.

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
I'm amazed you didn't get any misfires with all that moisture around the plug leads.

I put a dab of dielectric grease on my plug lead boots.
Not only does it prevent the rubber from sticking to the valve cover due to heat, but also acts as a seal to keep moisture out.
I also apply dielectric grease to the plug caps as well.

But then again, I apply dielectric grease to pretty much everything electrical. :)

·
Premium Member
3,239 Posts
Look at your cylinder's head side a couple of inches above the gasket's level line.
You should blow compressed air in those holes (there's one on each head) every chance you get but at least twice a year. Always with the plug and valve cover bolted on.

·
Premium Member
3,239 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Do you ride in the rain a lot or are you right next to the ocean?

·
Registered
153 Posts
ahhh yes fun by the sea, I used to live by a beach and that salt air totally trashed the tray of my ute or as you guys know them (pick up) in a couple of years. Thank fck i dont live there anymore.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1 - 11 of 11 Posts