RC51 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright I'm not even going to put the flame suite on for this (even though I probably should ha) but I've been doing a lot of research on a single exhaust setup and haven't really found what I'm looking for.

I'm looking to take the stock header setup, chop the left outlet off, weld a block off plate over the hole, and make up some kind of mid-pipe for the right side to go to the muffler. I know blackdragonexhaust.net increases the diameter of the mid-pipe for their 2-1 system - which makes me believe if I'm going to do this on my own I should follow the same idea.

Typical diameter of regular dual exhausts is 2" for the mid-pipe. I'm thinking of kicking it out to 2.5" diameter for the mid-pipe to the muffler so that when/if I gain in the low/mid because of the single exhaust I can also retain if not even gain in the top end.

*My understanding is the more back pressure the more low end/mid range gained, the less back pressure the easier it is to flow the high volume of exhaust at the top end.*

Here's the question, I need some experienced opinions in how to make a good exhaust. I'm not building a race bike, it'll be 80% street and a little track but I definitely don't want to lose top end if I don't have to. So is a 2.5" mid-pipe for a single exhaust going to yield the results I'm thinking? Or am I going to lose a significant amount of low end because of the decrease in back pressure, without gaining much in the mid/top?

·
Registered
575 Posts
i just put my jardine 2 into 1 , on tonight and took it for a fast ride ,, from stop to 10,000 fricking crazy i cant believe how hard it pulls , my mapping works better with this then the 2 pipes ,, sound is very close to the 2 pipes ,, i'm super happy

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ahhh ya I forgot to add that I will be getting a custom tune after I finish the exhaust put on my power commander.

What muffler do you have anthony?

·
Registered
575 Posts
Hay, Anthony did you keep your old exhaust or sell it and jump into the jardine system with both feet ?
sold a akro carbon friber ,, then got the Jardine , and now im so happy ,, the hole system is very light ,, no insert ,

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
I have a Jardine 2-1 set up i would get rid of on the cheaper side. I have a Black Dragon Stainless can on it, that probably needs to be repacked. shoot me an offer. Mid is mildly crushed (I ran it for a year) so would be a could candidate for building a new mid pipe on. The main header part will flow better than your modded stock idea.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Jardine can be had new for less than $500. I just bought one. I did it mainly to save weight, and secondly it is one of the few systems you can buy new for the SP1 without breaking the bank. Fitment is good, quality seems pretty good. I bought it for less than what i could have replaced the rashed right side can and mid pipe on my Yosh RS3 full system for. I'm happy with it. It does feel that the bike likes to be revved higher before the power comes on which I understand is a characteristic that a lot didn't care for. I have yet to have mine custom mapped, and I look forward to doing so.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Yes I got mine from riders discount. PM nathan there . I got mine well under $500 :). Went riding with my buddy he has a RC with high mount jardines carbon fiber cans , I pulled him bad , but my RC is faster then his anyway to start , but my new 2into 1 I'm very happy with the power delivery , and I ride mine on the street like I'm at the track ok all most :) and I let him ride it and I got to hear what it sounded like , happy with that to no insert full flow , that's why it works with my mapping , ok ok I love it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts