RC51 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just watched the most exciting 30 minutes I've seen for a while.
2000 IOM TT, Joey Dunlop wins his 24th TT at age 48:eek: on a wsbk fitted SP1.
If anyone can expand on the WSBK fitted part, please do so.
Also, I noticed Jim Moody was riding a I4 Fireblade in that same race. Kinda cool that Honda was represented by 2 completely different bikes in the same race. I think he finished 4th or 5th behind Joey.

Here's all three parts to the race. It's awesome! Check out the cool jumps in part 3 at 2:33 and again a better one at 3:09.

http://www.youtube.com/user/nornironbloke/videos

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought his bike sounded like a twin! I have to rewatch. I love the graphics on Joey's bike. Really enjoyed watching David Jeffries, until his bike failed and he coasted to a stop.

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
Thanks Jondog, I enjoyed that. JD - Legend!

·
Premium Member
4,561 Posts
See it happens to the best too !!! Right at the end of the second vid.... Joey stalls the RC. Better set that idle a lil higher, LOL !!!!!

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
See it happens to the best too !!! Right at the end of the second vid.... Joey stalls the RC. Better set that idle a lil higher, LOL !!!!!
I laughed a little, even the great Joey Dunlop made an occasional mistake. Did you catch the announcer saying, "these machines aw equipped with a starta mota..." :D

I'm still looking for any information about the fireblade Jim Moody was riding that day. Was it a 929?

Your totally welcome Stig and Tommy. I was hoping i wasn't recycling, but I hadn't seen all three parts before.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Building a JD rep with my SP2. Great vid. I was Moodie's non factory bike spanner man he also got Honda's 100th TT victory.

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
JD rep

building my own, got an SP2 with Ohlins, SP1 bodywork, radial brakes, 2012 blade wheels away being powder coated, harris rearsets, full Akra Ti system, Ohlins race shock, underslung brembo, brembo fully floating rear, brembo race discs, blade radial m/c, harris m/c resevoir, zx10r front mudguard and more. Just need more time as I,m building a SP1 race/ track bike for this years racing and trackdays.

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
building my own, got an SP2 with Ohlins, SP1 bodywork, radial brakes, 2012 blade wheels away being powder coated, harris rearsets, full Akra Ti system, Ohlins race shock, underslung brembo, brembo fully floating rear, brembo race discs, blade radial m/c, harris m/c resevoir, zx10r front mudguard and more. Just need more time as I,m building a SP1 race/ track bike for this years racing and trackdays.
Sure would like to see some pictures. Good luck with the build.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts