RC51 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Painted by my father in- law. It is a Toyota colour ( Magnetic Gray Metallic with a bit of charcoal added in. Look great in the sun. Graphics were custom made from tracings of the originals. The whole bunch of decals cost me $80. I was not paying Honda prices! lol

Mods:
PAIR mod
Flapper mod
Arrow 2-1
15-41 gearing
520 chain and sprockets.
cheap ass flushmounts on the front until I find the right LED ones I want.
Anything else the previous owners did to it.

Next mods:
New bar ends, power commander & maps for dual exhaust when I can get it.
Sargent's seat, speedohealer, undertail kit, maybe some Helibars

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,189 Posts
i really like that paint....looks great especially with the factory decals on....its different but makes it look like an original

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
Nicely done. Take good care of 'er, under a hundred is rare. Did you find the thread about serial numbers? Its some good reading.
How do you like your 15/41? I switched back to 42, need that extra pep!
On bar ends, i really like the ones made from delrin? Frame slider material. Not gonna fess-up right now, but mine are tried and true. I say they are tougher and better for your clipons than metal ones.
My 2cents.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I like the gearing, I have never ridden a stock 51 so I don't know what the difference is. I live in a small city. Lots of traffic lights so it's stop and go. I have to ride 1.5 hrs each way on a country highway and it seems to be ok.

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
I like the gearing, I have never ridden a stock 51 so I don't know what the difference is. I live in a small city. Lots of traffic lights so it's stop and go. I have to ride 1.5 hrs each way on a country highway and it seems to be ok.
You might like a 41. I believe you can squeeze another couple miles per gallon, and the feel isn't that much different. I bought a SuperLite sprocket for $45. I just wanted to try it out. I put my 42 back on after only 1 ride of about 70 miles. So if you would like to try this sprocket just for fun, and you're running a 520, I could send it to you. We just need to check a couple things on your bike, tire size and chainlink count, but it'll probably bolt right on like it did for me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts