RC51 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from Austalia...

Hope youve had nice weekends....

Got a problem with my SP1 cutting out...a little un nerving when your going around corners...

Problem:
1. engine cutting out intermittently
2. usually around half throttle coughs and splutters
3 tacho rev display jumping around

i have replaced the stand switch as i noticed it was damaged but to no avail!!! as you know they do have a inherant problem with the throttle being snatchy due to fuel delivery, but never to this extent... would a pc 3 be the go?

Could it be a ECU problem? Earth?

Should i take it to honda and pay through the nose(i hate dealerships..rip off assholes)??

I have had it serviced, new air filters, fuel filters, plugs, ram tubes cleaned.

Got me a lttle perplexed..

Cheers in advance

Brett

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
Since your speedo also cuts out, I'd be checking all my grounds, and connections. And use a little di-electric grease when re-connecting. Vibration is an issue for these bikes.
That's just a basic start. It could be a lot of things, but hooking up a PCIII probably wont resolve the problem. But it sure will smooth things out once the problem is fixed.
Most here run a PC. They really do work.

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
Check your engine run switch near the throttle.
It's been known for the contacts get dirty/worn/broken over time.

Also check for corroded contacts in the ECU connectors as well.

The difference is not that the engine may be running poorly, but the ECU may be cycling as if the power had been cut and this is shown by the instrument panel cycling via the ECU.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I know i havent been really deep into my bike yet but these do have coils correct it sounds like its having problem with spark if its sputtering and skipping id check the coils

·
Registered
58 Posts
mine the nut rattled off the ground at the battery. looked fine until I bumped the wire and the bolt shot across the shop.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts