RC51 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is a mint bike, never been down, always garaged(so it looks mint) and has a full Yoshimira R-3 stainless system and is fun to ride. Miles are only 5100.

Bike has been painted gloss black like the 05 models Looks sharp.

Located in Milwaukee WI.

Asking $5000 or offer/trade.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Why would you say that?? Its mint. Nothing happened to it. It is painted to be black like the '05 model. You or anyone are welcome to inspect the bike, It has never been down...

So If I buy a new Porsche 997TT and paint it viper blue, something happened to it? Its not mint anymore?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Why would you say that?? Its mint. Nothing happened to it. It is painted to be black like the '05 model. You or anyone are welcome to inspect the bike, It has never been down...

So If I buy a new Porsche 997TT and paint it viper blue, something happened to it? Its not mint anymore?
Actually, Yes.. Anything other than factory original paint would be considered a negative no matter how nice the paint job is. Never paint a vehicle just to change color, worst thing you can do if your concerned about value ot it being "mint".. Mint = untouched original showroom condition, not custom painted to look pretty.

·
Registered
46 Posts
By the way, paint doesn't mean it's not a really nice bike.. It just means you shouldn't call it mint and your price should reflect a deduction for paint not top dollar for the year. I got $4,000 for a truly mint Sp1 so that makes me think you'd have better luck selling yours in that range or lower. Good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
46 Posts
The price is not firm, I would actually rather trade for something, jsut not sure what, Id like a nice boat...
My buddy has a nice boat for sale but he's in Harrisburg, PA. so that doesn't really help you. If your flexable, I'm sure you'll sell it. Great bike and the all black looks great.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Interested in bike

By the way, paint doesn't mean it's not a really nice bike.. It just means you shouldn't call it mint and your price should reflect a deduction for paint not top dollar for the year. I got $4,000 for a truly mint Sp1 so that makes me think you'd have better luck selling yours in that range or lower. Good luck with the sale.
I agree. I'm in Chicago, so if your selling price (not asking price) is more in line with the market, I'd be interested. I'm not going to post a price so I don't violate any rules or forum ettiquette. But, it will be less than the $4k mentioned. Same reason = it isn't mint because of the paint job.

I'm sending you a PM with my contact information.

Regards,
Mark

·
Registered
94 Posts
It would be tough to cosmetically alter a mint rc. Luckily (I guess) my '04 Nicky had crate damage on all of the body and I had no choice. I never liked the original scheme anyway. I'm going with black also. As far as hurting the value, I'll never sell it anyway.

·
Registered
84 Posts
if you could get some side shots of the 05 paint scheme that'd help out alot... overall nice bike good luck

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The bike is in storage right now...

Don't forget the bike has a full $1500 exhaust system, not just slip ons.

I did not have the bike to be original, I have it because I like it. Black is nice in my book, It should be flat black though, If I keep it I'm going flat black instead of the gloss black that it is. :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
The bike is in storage right now...

Don't forget the bike has a full $1500 exhaust system, not just slip ons.

I did not have the bike to be original, I have it because I like it. Black is nice in my book, It should be flat black though, If I keep it I'm going flat black instead of the gloss black that it is. :)
The more money you put into this bike the more difficult it will be for you to sell the bike for the amount the market will bear. IMHO, don't paint it if you are going to sell it, and paint it if you're going to keep it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well, I did not really plan on selling but you know how it goes, off with one toy and onto the next.

I wonder what the full Yosh exhaust system would be worth if I just sold that put stock exhaust back on...

I don't really want to sell it and will most likely end up keeping it, but for the right offer or boat trade I will part with it... Time will tell. :)

·
Registered
479 Posts
RcCarver- where did you buy your bike with crate damage? I flew up to a dealer in colorado after working out a deal on the bike... They were unloading it off the truck right in front of me and they dropped it... I asked them to work with me on the price since it was fucked up and they laughed and told me to kick rocks

·
Registered
110 Posts
exhaust value

I wonder what the full Yosh exhaust system would be worth if I just sold that put stock exhaust back on...

well around 500 bucks i think

1 - 17 of 17 Posts