RC51 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked one up 2 weeks ago. I have to say it's one sweet ride. I can't wait for the weekend so the girlfriend and I can do a couple hours on each.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Now that you mentioned it, you are right. The TL does hit pretty hard when you go over any kind of bump.

·
Registered
7 Posts
super duper comfy bike and that tail carries a TON of stuff.

woohoo! first post! hey everybody.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Had the 02 TLR. Sweet bike.. Rear Rotary damper was the shitz. Replaced with a Bitubo. Bike feels big when tracking it. Does everything pretty well, and plush compared to the RC for long hauls. Check the rear seat/solo cowl locking mechanism. I lost my rear solo cowl twice and the seat.. Was never recovered!! :(
Sold it for an 07 GIXX1000. Different beast altogether

·
Registered
7 Posts
Had an 01' three years ago and got rid of my 03' to get my RC. I found not cut frame sliders, a clear clutch cover (sweet!) and a tail rizer bracket setup on TLPlanet.com People still call the TLR "The widowmaker"

·
Registered
26 Posts
Twins

My good friend has a 2001 TLS and he has it done up right.
With 60K plus on the odo.. it still pulls like a freight train!
Like the RC it needed a rear shock/damper, but the RC doesn't get so squirley like the rotary did.
He did that, re-built the fork internals with racetech goodies/valves then the scotts damper up above... Goes and feels great!
Still, The TL felt like a tank compared to the RC....
And.. the WindowMaker was my old Kawasaki H2.... :)

·
Premium Member
6,481 Posts
The TL's certainly had a stout motor.
I've wondered how it would've turned out if Suzuki had equipped the bikes with a chassis to match.
I think WSBK would've been even more exciting than it was with Edwards and Bayliss.
There was UK magazine entry where he did put a TL1000R engine in a Ducati 916 frame.
And while it took some very serious fabrication to fit, the outcome was stunning.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts