RC51 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
As far as the skins are concerned, they may be OEM, but the paint scheme is not.
They OEM bodywork may have been re-painted, or they may be painted aftermarket bodywork. The photos don't have enough detail to be sure.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As far as the skins are concerned, they may be OEM, but the paint scheme is not.
They OEM bodywork may have been re-painted, or they may be painted aftermarket bodywork. The photos don't have enough detail to be sure.
Is it just the orange on the seat pan? I think that the black may be painted over orange, just leaving a thin strip of black at the rear edge and the black stripe down the tail. Are there other areas that are incorrect for an '03?

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
Someone outlined the feathers in gold or yellow, and the rear cowl has been painted differently.

Here's some photos of an '03 RC51 showing a side view and one from the rear.

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
Either way, its a nice touch. I have seen the RC51 on the tail like that before. My F4 and R1 I put reflective tape accents on to make me more visible at night.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good eye, SubSailor, Thanks.

It's a sweet looking bike, hope it's as good as it looks. Mine now, just have get it home.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts