RC51 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked this bike up tonight. Just rolled 16k miles. Came with CRG shorty levers a PC3 w/ stock exhaust and Sargeant seat. New DID EVR3 520 chain and 15/41 AFAM sprockets. Smoke windscreen with a number 2 on it idk why. New Michelins. Missing a bar slider. Previous owner lost it today on his last ride to/from work.

I have been riding since about 2000. Started out on a ninja 250. Then over the years 2003 Sv650, Yamaha XS1100, VF700, CBR 600. Haven't ridden since I lost the CBR in a fire a couple years ago. Been wanting an RC 51 forever. Was so anxious that I almost didn't take it for a test ride. Ended up deciding to take it for a spin right before loading it on the trailer though. Can't wait to get it on some roads I'm familiar with to get acquainted with this beast.

Heres some pictures taken by PO

Attachments

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
Welcome Biz. What part of the country/world are you from?

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
looks like a nice clean bike. shame about the frame sliders.

if you have questions, use google search but include rc51forums in the search, it does a better job than the search function in these forums. pretty much everything for this bike has been covered many many times.

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
Just picked this bike up tonight. Just rolled 16k miles. Came with CRG shorty levers a PC3 w/ stock exhaust and Sargeant seat. New DID EVR3 520 chain and 15/41 AFAM sprockets. Smoke windscreen with a number 2 on it idk why. New Michelins. Missing a bar slider. Previous owner lost it today on his last ride to/from work.

I have been riding since about 2000. Started out on a ninja 250. Then over the years 2003 Sv650, Yamaha XS1100, VF700, CBR 600. Haven't ridden since I lost the CBR in a fire a couple years ago. Been wanting an RC 51 forever. Was so anxious that I almost didn't take it for a test ride. Ended up deciding to take it for a spin right before loading it on the trailer though. Can't wait to get it on some roads I'm familiar with to get acquainted with this beast.

Heres some pictures taken by PO
Welcome...rumor has it '03 is the fastest year.

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
Biz51, that's a nice set of rungs you've climbed up to the RC51. I think you're going to like this bike. It grows on you pretty quick, especially since you've ridden a variety of other machines.
Watch out for the mod bug, it bites hard and takes control. Exhaust here, suspension there, levers, rearsets, rims, steering stabilizer, and on and on it goes, like an addict on a merry-go-round. Weeeeeee!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Biz51, that's a nice set of rungs you've climbed up to the RC51. I think you're going to like this bike. It grows on you pretty quick, especially since you've ridden a variety of other machines.
Watch out for the mod bug, it bites hard and takes control. Exhaust here, suspension there, levers, rearsets, rims, steering stabilizer, and on and on it goes, like an addict on a merry-go-round. Weeeeeee!
Can't not mod.

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
Well, there's your first Mod on the way. Check with Wibbly!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here come the mods
VFR shift lever, stompgrip on the way. Oh and these Ladybirds

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Welcome to the club Biz51 nice looking SP2! You're going to constantly run hot in traffic down in lower Alabama & Florida.. gotta keep it moving
Thanks. Yeah I realized that. Luckily not much traffic where I ride. Just need to watch for tractors pulling out on the road. I'm in Walton county Florida it's between Pensacola and Panama City Beach.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Great looking bike. You and I have similar riding backgrounds and just acquired RC51 SP2s. And in FL. Sending you PM.

I actually wouldnt mind the stock exhaust. Mine has Yoshi .... bla blah. Loud! Im that guy making all the noise like a fat insecure middle aged Harley Dav hog compensating for something. But better.

Any issues with yours? My front fork were sticky and needed overhaul. Wishing for Ohlins front and rear.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Great looking bike. You and I have similar riding backgrounds and just acquired RC51 SP2s. And in FL. Sending you PM.

I actually wouldnt mind the stock exhaust. Mine has Yoshi .... bla blah. Loud! Im that guy making all the noise like a fat insecure middle aged Harley Dav hog compensating for something. But better.

Any issues with yours? My front fork were sticky and needed overhaul. Wishing for Ohlins front and rear.

No real issues. Previous owner maintained the bike pretty well from what I can tell. I need to upgrade the suspension too. Plan on having that done within a year. Already spent more $ than planned with mods and riding gear.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts