RC51 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2004 fell over and dented the left side of the tank.:frown2: Repair shop wants $500 to fix and said I have to find the Honda wing decal and that it is clear coated over. Local Honda dealer is looking into finding the decal. So I started searching for a new tank and found a few online. Some model say 2004 RVT1000R A and 2004 RVT 1000 AC. What is the difference and any thoughts on getting the repair or a new tank.

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
AC is California model. Tanks are the same. Depends on what your plans are for bike. If tracking it only, then might find a decent used tank for $300 to $400. Most are damaged in some way. If going to keep bike long term, you can get a new tank from partzilla or Honda East Toledo for around $675.00. I would definitely buy new before paying $500 plus decals and clear for yours to be repaired. Probably cost more then new in long run.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AC is California model. Tanks are the same. Depends on what your plans are for bike. If tracking it only, then might find a decent used tank for $300 to $400. Most are damaged in some way. If going to keep bike long term, you can get a new tank from partzilla or Honda East Toledo for around $675.00. I would definitely buy new before paying $500 plus decals and clear for yours to be repaired. Probably cost more then new in long run.
Thanks for the info. I found a couple of places on line and I'm going to call tomorrow. When I get the new one, I'll be selling the old one if anyone is interested.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts